Monday, July 14, 2014

Daily Food Rating: A-

Today, I'm giving myself an A- in terms of my diet. Here's why:

Breakfast: D
1 ate one tic tac for breakfast. I consider that only incrementally better than eating a box of oreos for breakfast.

Lunch: A+ 
Ate one piece of chicken with a light sauce on it, about a quarter cup of rice pilaf and a cup of fresh salad with a small amount of balsamic dressing. A+ for not eating a roll even though they sat next to me all day and every time I walked by them I had to stop myself from eating ALL THE BREAD.

Snacks: B
The snacks were ok throughout the day. When I got hungry I ate a few almonds and pistachios and some light swiss. Then I grabbed a handful of trail mix with m&ms and raisins at 6pm because I was very hungry and was craving carbs. That handful of trail mix was about 240 calories give or take, but at least it had 8 grams of protein. Not terrible, but not great. I need to plan better for that 6pm snack spot.

Dinner: A+
Cooked my specialty paleo turkey burgers with quac and salsa on cauliflower buns for my boyfriend and his parents. Added some stovetop zucchini for a delicious healthy side. Dinner was about 547 calories which - given my daily intake is supposed to be 1200-1300 - isn't great, but it was quite filling and didn't leave me wanting desert afterwards. If I wanted to cut more calories out I could have not had the zucchini with a tbsp of olive oil (119 calories in one tbsp of olive oil!)


Liquids: B-
Drank 3 glasses of water and 2 glasses of tea during the day then 1 with dinner. I'm supposed to drink 10-12 glasses so... I got about half of the way there. Better than my typical 0 but still not good!

TOTAL CALORIES: ~1402 (over by 82)

No comments:

Post a Comment